ZOLL PocketCPR for Droid ™ provides REAL-TIME feedback and instructions on CPR that empowers ANYONE to learn and practice CPR, so that they can be READY when seconds really count!!! The technology is the same as that used in PocketCPR, an FDA-cleared device, for actual rescue from sudden cardiac arrest.
Learn CPR and Get your CPR certificate using ZOLL PocketCPR for Droid.
This version includes a complete Adult CPR Training Program that teaches CPR skills according to the latest American Heart Association CPR and ILCOR Guidelines as published on October 18, 2010.
Pocket CPR for Droid is a must-have app for anyone who wants to learn how to perform CPR with accuracy. The PocketCPR can be used in CPR training programs and for individual practice at home or at work. It is a great tool for families to learn CPR in order to be prepared if a loved one needs their help.
PocketCPR for Droid™:
- Actively utilizes the accelerometer hardware in the Droid for real-time coaching and actual feedback on CPR while you are learning and practicing.
- Measures the actual rate and depth of your compressions and lets you know if you need to push faster or slower, and whether you should push harder or softer.
Other CPR prompting devices can provide instructions on CPR or encourage you on the steps and pace of CPR, but ONLY PocketCPR for Droid can:
- Give instructions
- Prompt on the steps for proper CPR
- AND give you REAL-TIME feedback on the chest compressions you deliver.
PocketCPR for Droid will remind you to Call for Help, to provide ventilations according to guidelines (optional), and to perform CPR at the correct rate and depth. The device algorithms are in complete compliance with American Heart Assocation and International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) guidelines.
Pocket CPR for Android features include:
- Clear visual and audio step-by-step instructions on CPR performance, including initial steps for the Chain of Survival.
- Option to go straight to chest compressions for those who are familiar with the initial Chain of Survival steps.
- Precise metronome to pace chest compressions.
- Accurate ability to detect rate of actual compressions and to state visually and audibly whether to push faster or to push slower.
- Industry-proven technology to detect the depth of chest compressions.
- Audio and visual prompts to push harder or to push softer.
- Prompts to remind the user to provide ventilations after the detection of 30 chest compressions.
- Feature to detect when chest compressions have stopped and to prompt user to START CPR.
- Complete Instructions for Use.
NOTE: The Pocket CPR for Droid is currently for training and practice purposes only. The application is not yet cleared by the U.S. FDA for use in an actual rescue.
The CPR Training Program includes 9 video modules each teaching a separate aspect of CPR in sequence. The video modules include Scene Safety, Chest Compression, Optional Airway and Rescue Breathing, and others. The video and practice program will prepare you for the written and practical exams. You will be given coaching and instruction in real-time during your actual CPR chest compression practice. Upon completion you will receive your certificate right in the app.
Your Droid becomes your personal CPR Instructor and Coach.
You will also receive and register your official ZOLL Medical PocketCPR course completion certificate All New 2010 CPR Guidelines Update.
- Support for both Metric and English CPR depth values and AHA and ERC guidelines
- The new C-A-B (Compression-Airway-Breathing) sequence
- Hands-Only, or Compression Only CPR option
- Ability to capture and email CPR compression data and accelerometer data allowing the user to record the quality of the CPR chest compression training.
This application was developed by Bio-Detek, Inc., Pawtucket, RI, www.Bio-Detek.com, a subsidiary of ZOLL Medical Corporation, Chelmsford, MA, www.ZOLL.com. The use of an accelerometer to measure chest movement during CPR is protected under one or more of the following patents: 7,074,199 7,108,665 7,220,235 7,118,542 7,429,250 7,122,014